The Maverick Boat Group Southeast Owners Tournament is an amazing event where anglers and boats around the southeast come together for a day of fun fishing in the low country of South Carolina. Enjoy live music, great food and ice cold refreshments at the Captain’s Meeting and award ceremony.
This event is a more of a "funament" than a tournament. There is no money given out for top places, however, there are trophies given out; instead of a cash price, we have a table full of raffle items from our great sponsors. Each fish caught counts as release points, the more fish you catch the more raffle tickets you get. This event is a great time for the whole family!
To be added to our event update email listing, please fill out the following form:
1. All scoring will be done on the Angler’s honor. Each angler will turn in asigned scorecard to a tournament official no later than 6:00 pm.
2. Minimum Size. In order to be recorded as catches, certain species of fish must have a minimum length as outlined on the scorecard. Only five fish per species may be entered each day of fishing.
3. Point System. Points will be awarded at the point value given to each species as noted on the scorecard and will be multiplied depending on the method of catch: bait X 1, artificial X 1.5, and fly X 2. Anglers may try to increase their point totals by catching multiple fish of the same species using different tackle, but only five fish per species will count toward the day’s total. A species bonus of 100 points will be added to the day’s total for each different qualifying species caught above two species. For instance, 3 species = 100 bonus points, 4 species = 200 bonus points, and so on.
4. Tackle. In the artificial and fly fishing categories, baits should be “pure lures.”
5. While catch and release is encouraged, it is understood that anglers may want to keep fish for the table; however, kept fish that do not comply with South Carolina’s size and limit regulations will not be counted for scoring. It is the angler’s responsibility to know the regulations.
6. Eligible Species: Trout, Redfish, Sheepshead, Flounder, Spanish Mackerel, Kingfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Snapper, and Grouper.
The information contained on this web page should be validated with the appropriate sales representative and / or lending institution with which the lien will be owned and maintained and does not in any manner override the corresponding associated U.S. Government and / or State laws.